This website is operated by Equipsme Insurance Services Ltd registered in England and Wales under company number 10674676 and have our registered office at Third Floor, 1 New Fetter Lane, London, England, EC4A 1AN ("Equipsme", "we", "us", "our").
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
This website has links to the websites of other companies that may be involved in providing associated services to the services being accessed by you through this website, including (but not limited to) websites operated by AXA Health Limited, HealthHero/Medical Solutions UK Limited and Thriva Ltd.
Any personal information you supply to us via this website (and by other means) will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. For the purposes of this policy the Data Protection Laws shall be defined as: (i) the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA") until the DPA is no longer applicable in the UK; (ii) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then (iii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
1. Who we are
Equipsme is a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, what this means is that we are responsible for deciding the purpose for which we collect your personal information and control the processing of your personal information.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information to provide better services to all of our users. We've tried to be as clear as possible about what we collect and why we collect it. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
2.1. Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and occupation) when you:
- register with us;
- make enquiries;
- complete claim, application or feedback forms;
- purchase products or services from us; or
- when you complete a survey or vote in a poll on the website.
2.2. Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as payment service providers), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services, and improve and personalise our service to you.
2.3. Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal information;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal information abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her health information.
3. Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for quality and training purpose as well as helping us improve the products and services we can offer.
We send cookies to your computer from our website. A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you use our website. Cookies can make the web more useful to you by storing information about your preferences on our website, which allows us to provide more useful features for you.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting; and
- improve our services.
We will send you information about new or existing benefits or services you are entitled to with Equipsme that we feel are of legitimate interest to you, and about other special offers or competitions which may be of interest to you. Our preferred communications include email, text message (SMS) or telephone but may include post or automated call.
Other businesses which we have selected carefully (ie AXA Health Limited, HealthHero/Medical Solutions UK Limited and Thriva Ltd) may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us or them.
Where we are communicating as a legitimate interest or if you have consented to receive such marketing from us (or other businesses), you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
7. Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
8. Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you; and
- we store your personal information on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
9. When we delete your information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
10. What rights do you have?
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to legitimate interests
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
- let us know how we have contacted you before and at what email address, telephone number or home address (we may require proof of your identity to validate this), and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with, or if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
11. How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Equipsme, Third Floor, 1 New Fetter Lane, London, England, EC4A 1AN.